[mrtg] Re: Need accurate cpu % info using net-snmp and mrtg

Michael Cunningham crayola at optonline.net
Wed Mar 12 06:25:36 MET 2003

> If you would like to use it, you can grab it from:
>
>  ftp://ftp.sourwood.net/pub/projects/mrtg/cpu.pl

>You'll need to edit the script to set the hostname and community.  It
>requires Perl 5.6.0 or higher and the Net::SNMP package.

Thankyou for the script Matt. Unfortunatly it appears you are
also being affected by the same accuracy problem I am? As I understand
it, the
raw values you are gathering in your script via snmp are not real uasge
information, its kernal ticks.. In order to get accurate info
we need the total number of ticks or what factor to divide by based on
the
platform.

Mike