[mrtg] Re: Need accurate cpu % info using net-snmp and mrtg

Michael Cunningham crayola at optonline.net
Wed Mar 12 07:19:21 MET 2003

> I think that I am not quite understanding the issue...  the
> output from
> the script is relative, so the period of a kernel tick not really
> relevant.  Essentially, the result is a dimensionless number.
>
> Have I missed your point about accuracy?

hmm that's true.. I am still confused by
the whole thing.. So you set the "gauge" option
so mrtg doesn't divide by the elapsed time?

I guess adding up all the kernel ticks including idle time
will give total ticks..  allowing to generate a
relative percentage of time spent in each tick type.
Which is basically what cpu usage % is.. I guess..

Mike