[mrtg] Re: RRD on NT Questions

Jan Kasprzak kas at informatics.muni.cz
Thu Mar 13 16:59:46 MET 2003

Anthony Valuikas wrote:
: Well it just threw me off because my single device of 50 items (graphs)
: takes about 30 seconds to display on the page. The whole time my server
: processor is pegged at 100%.
:
: Do I have something configured wrong?
:
: Also does the CGI create the images even if they are not needed because they
: are already up to date? (viewed more than once within the 5 minute poll)

	If you can do FastCGI or mod_perl, please look at mrtg-rrd.cgi.
It can run in memory and it does not require perl to be started for each
HTML page and image. It can even cache the images on disk.

	I am not sure MS IIS can do FastCGI or mod_perl. Maybe there is
some other mean of running Perl permanently. In that case, look at
mrtg-rrd.cgi and call "sub handler" from whatever you want.

http://www.fi.muni.cz/~kas/mrtg-rrd

-Yenya

--
| Jan "Yenya" Kasprzak  <kas at {fi.muni.cz - work | yenya.net - private}> |
| GPG: ID 1024/D3498839      Fingerprint 0D99A7FB206605D7 8B35FCDE05B18A5E |