[mrtg] Timeout on MRTG Query

Keshav J keshav at icicionesource.com
Mon Mar 17 16:26:03 MET 2003

BlankHi All,

I am Querying a Nortel Passport at a distant location connected via a Leased
line.When I do a Query for SNMP values thru MRTG it gives me an error as
below

SNMPv1_Session (remote host: "x.x.x.x" [x.x.x.x].161)
                  community: "public"
                 request ID: 369667176
                PDU bufsize: 8000 bytes
                    timeout: 2s
                    retries: 5
                    backoff: 1)
SNMPGET Problem for ifOutOctets.20 ifInOctets.20 sysUptime sysName on
public at x.x.x.x

The Latency for the Ping response is abt 320 msec, Can u Please help me with
this??

Is there a way to increase the "Time out " and "Retries"??

Thanks

The information in this email is confidential and is intended solely for the addressee(s).
Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not an intended
recipient, you must not read, use or disseminate the information contained in this email.

-- Type: image/gif
-- Size: 145 bytes