[mrtg] Monitoring more that one IP address per interface

Mathew Chigwende chigwende at ecoweb.co.zw
Mon Mar 17 16:35:04 MET 2003

Hi guys,
I have install MRTG and have been working fine as I have been monitoring traffic on each interface and subinterface of my Cisco 7206.  The problem is that on some interfaces I have more than one IP address; i.e. an IP address and one or more secondary addresses.  The problem is that when MRTG monitors, it does this for the whole interface whether I define --ifref by IP or number.  How do I monitor traffic to different IP addresses on the same interface?

If there is another tool I can use, can I graph it as I do MRTG?

Matt.