[mrtg] Re: Broken snmp counters?

Greg.Volk at edwardjones.com Greg.Volk at edwardjones.com
Tue Mar 18 14:43:25 MET 2003

}Hello,
}I have the following problem: several times a day maybe more often, my
}graphs for cisco hardware falls down but not zero and and then after 5
}minutes (next drawing) rises again to normal value. Is it cisco based
}problem or something wrong with mrtg's installation? As I monitor 3com
}nases as well and data from external programs, I have never seen the
}same with them, only cisco, but the load on other nases isn't so big as
}well. I include example image. falls are marked with red
}rectangles. Any
}information will be very usefull. thanks in advance.
}
That is an odd looking traffic drop. It looks especially bogus because
it's so assymentric - the other traffic direction never sees that kind
of drop off. The only router that I have that exhibits counter problems
is a Cisco 7206VXR running 12.2(6a). It has a integrated DS-3 csu in it
that only shows traffic in one direction.

My suggestion to you would be to use the cisco bug navigator at
http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/Bugtool/launch_bugtool.pl
and see if it comes up with anything.

-- Type: application/ms-tnef
-- Size: 2k (2316 bytes)