[mrtg] Compile errors on OpenBSD 3.0

David Adams dadams at johncrowley.co.uk
Fri Mar 21 16:49:22 MET 2003

Greetings all,

I am trying to compile 2.9.27 on OpenBSD 3.0 i386

When i do the ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/mrtg-2 i get the following message about my compiler

** Ooops, your compiler seems to have issues with long long:

   figure out how to get long long, printf with %lld and
   strtoll working on your platform.
   probably the  config.log file can give you a hint.

My current compiler is gcc version 2.95.3 20010125 (prerelease)

I upgraded to gcc-3.0.1 by installing the openBSD packages, however, when i check the version after i upgraded i am still getting 2.95.3

Is there anyone that can tell me what is going on / how to fix this, or if the problem is related to the compiler or something else.

thanks

Dave