[mrtg] MRTG, indexmaker, and the bodytag option

Drew McClure AndrewM at BigDogs.com
Mon Mar 24 22:55:49 MET 2003

I'm trying to get a line inserted within the body tag of my index.html using
indexmaker.  Here's the problem.  I want to insert onload="javascript:..."
into the outputed index.html file.  When I perl indexmaker the resulted
output removes the " and shows onload=javascript...  It removes the quotes
I've specified in the --bodytag option when running indexmaker.
The reason I need this line is that when I run index.html I want a frame on
the page to refresh.  If this line doesn't get in there when I get to
index.html it doesn't refresh the frame (or the javascript menu).  What is
weird is that I can substitute the " for a ' and it shows this, however,
when it is a " it takes it out.  I've scoured the indexmaker to try and
tweak it but I think that it is misinterpreting the ".  I've even tried
double quotes but that generated an error.

Please help!

Here's my code:

PERL indexmaker --bodytag
onload="javascript:{if(parent.frames[0]&&parent.frames['MyFrameOne'].Go)pare
nt.frames['MyFrameOne'].Go()}" mrtg.cfg --output index.html

And the resulting index.html body tag:
onload=javascript:{if(parent.frames[0]&&parent.frames['MyFrameOne'].Go)paren
t.frames['MyFrameOne'].Go()}>

Andrew McClure - MIS <mailto:andrewm at bigdogs.com>
Big Dog Sportswear <http://www.bigdogs.com>
805-963-8727 x1275