[mrtg] Unable to write to graphs directory

Crow Lee Contr 379 ECS Lee.Crow at auab.aorcentaf.af.mil
Wed Mar 26 12:09:26 MET 2003

I am having a problem with the routers2.cgi script.  Here is what I have.

O/S: FreeBSD
MRTG
RRDTool
Routers2.cgi

The graphs aren't showing up.  When I look at the web page where the graphs
should be, I see the following message:

RRD Error: Opening
'/usr/local/www/data/mrtg/graphs/LogTown-6513.cfg-lt_ot2-d-l2.png' for
write: Permission denied

The routers.conf section of the configuration verification page has the
following:

Graphs path
/usr/local/www/data/mrtg/graphs
Unable to create files in directory!

The graphs folder permissions are as follows:

Drwxr-xr-x

I know that the script isn't able to write to the graphs directory due to
file permissions.  Is there any workaround for this or do I HAVE to open up
the permissions on this folder?  Are there any security concerns in doing
this?

Thanks,

Lee Crow
Sr. LAN/WAN Administrator