[mrtg] Re: Cisco Sub-Interface

McDonald, Dan Dan.McDonald at austinenergy.com
Wed Mar 26 17:34:28 MET 2003

 >is there a way we can plot/graph the traffic on Cisco router's
>sub-interface. i can map their sub-interface, but it doesn't give out
>result for ifInOctets and ifOutOctets, your answer will be of great help
>to me.

For serial sub-interfaces, the routers have been capable for a long time,
since 11.1, IIRC.

For Ethernet sub-interfaces, it's a different story.  I still haven't
steeled up enough courage to run 12.2T and see if they finally got it fixed.
They just missed the deadline for getting it into 12.2 mainline, but 12.2T
has been such a pile of odd bugs that I've run very far away.

Naturally, on the big iron boxes like the 6500, there is no support.  I have
no idea when 6500's will move to a 12.2E train, but even then there will
likely be no support for at least another major version, so maybe two more
years.

As we used to say, about 5 years ago "Oh, that will be fixed in 13.2.7"

--
Daniel J McDonald, CCIE #2495, CNX
Austin Energy