[mrtg] Re: outgoing graphic is not change

Lindahl, Carl crl at rti.org
Wed Mar 26 18:49:29 MET 2003

Are you getting any errors in your MRTG log? It is quite possible that if
what you are querying is a Cisco device and it has rebooted and changed the
SNMP OID for the interface you are polling. This has happened to me when I
have added cards, etc and then the device rebooted. I now hard code what I
want to poll on description which doesn't change unless I force it to. You
can also force a Cisco device to maintain the same interface number through
reboots.

Just my 2 cents, but look at your error log to see if you are getting time
outs and MRTG is using the last value it had and graphing that.

Carl