[mrtg] Re: Bandwidth Utilization for ADSL interface

Evan Platt eplatt at 3wci.com
Thu Mar 27 17:26:11 MET 2003

At 06:56 AM 03/27/2003, you wrote:
>Hello colleagues,
>
>I want to measure the bandwidth utilization for an ADSL interface. Since
>ADSL by nature has different up/down speeds, I wonder how to measure in and
>out traffic using different speeds for each. Does anybody know what the
>config file for this would look like ?
>Thanks in advance for your help.

I've inquired about this before - mrtg is designed to do Synchronous
connections. Nothing you can do in the config file (or nothing you need to
do). You'll simply have a large green line for downloads, and a small peak
for upload (depending on the ratio of your upload to download - I have
1.5/128 so my upload line is barely visible.)

Evan