[mrtg] log files

Rob Commarota rcommarota.mhs at tuhsd.k12.az.us
Thu May 1 00:59:57 MEST 2003

I have MRTG running and I am very happy with it, but I would like to make a
change.  I currently have two instances of MRTG which look at the same set
of equipment but present the graphs differently.  I have one that graphs
with default values for the bytes and scale (adjusts as needed) and one that
presents unscaled data in bits (giving us a crystal clear indication of the
strain we are placing on the network).
I would like to use the same data for both graphs.  Is that possible?  I
know how to set the log file location, but wouldn't that combine the data
from each process (giving me more data which I suppose is fine unless the
processes try to write to the same file at the same time...)  Is there a way
I can "tell" one mrtg process not to gather data from the machines, but just
to generate the graphs from the data at a certain location?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Rob Commarota
Campus Technology Director
McClintock High School