[mrtg] What Files Do What ... ?

Joe Graeber joe.graeber at globecastna.com
Fri May 2 21:54:24 MEST 2003

Okay, thanks to all the help I've received on this list so far, I'm making
some good progress ... Thank you to all of you who have replied to my notes
and/or sent me individual messages.  :-)

That being said, I need a little more clarification.  What files contain the
'history' information?  As best as I can tell, it does so by filename.  What
I'm trying to accomplish is the following:

05/01/2003 - Run CFGMaker on Cisco7500 Router w/ ifname and ifdesc based on
name
06/01/2003 - Decide that we want to see these names based on description
instead of name
06/01/2003 - Re-run CFGMaker on Cisco7500 to capture some new interfaces and
re-name the files based on desc vs name

How do I make sure I don't lose my historical data?  Do I need to rename the
.LOG, the .OLD, and the .PNG files?  Or just some of them?

Thanks again for everyone's help and support!

Joe.