[mrtg] Aggregate Switch Information]

Robert (Bob) White rwhite at intrinsity.com
Fri May 2 22:05:45 MEST 2003

I have been using mrtg successfully for two years now.
I am trying to find a way to monitor my switches overall
utilization.

The information that I get from mrtg now is as follows:
rmon_10_100_port for each port
3com_switch_type_slip.html
3com_switch.html
rmon_vlan_1.html

My question is this. Is 3com_switch.html a good measure of
the switches total utilization or is it rmon_vlan_1.html.
If someone knows of some easily understandable documentation
on the subject that would be helpful too.

My second question is all the new switches that I configured
do not give me the rmon_vlan1.html info. Does anyone know what
I need to configure on my 3com 3300 for cfgmaker to grab that
info? My old switches have a different look and feel to the cli,
so I am not sure of the differences in configuration.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Bob