[mrtg] Re: mrtg numbers differ from snmpget (SOLVED)

Reckhard, Tobias tobias.reckhard at secunet.com
Tue May 6 14:32:57 MEST 2003

On Tuesday, May 06, 2003 1:31 PM, Daniel J McDonald wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-05-06 at 05:32, Reckhard, Tobias wrote:
>
>From the manual:

Ah, RTFM in the nice way. :-) Thanks for the pointer! I'd been missing that.

[snip]
> Note the leading ',' in the list for a null prefix.  Now look
> at your config:
> kMG[hrStorageUsedRAM]: k,M,G,T
>
> You have overridden the default by shifting it by a prefix.

I see. Guess I deserve it for taking someone else's config as an example and
not reading the manual with enough scrutiny. It works fine now. :-)

> > I've got a number of other problems, some similar, with
> other parameters as
> > well:
> >
> > * hrStorageUsed.101 and hrStorageUsed.102: mrtg reports
> zero where snmpget
> > reports ~25000 and ~160000 respectively. These variables
> are type INTEGER,
> > I've configured them as gauge, could that be a problem?
> >
> Shouldn't be, although you might want to tweak your maxbytes a little
> higher (or set an absmax value a bit higher).

I've found the problem. mrtg couldn't find the MIB file.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Cheers,
Tobias