[mrtg] Re: 2.9.29 upgrade causes errors in graphs

James Overbeck grendel at gmo.jp
Fri May 9 04:45:08 MEST 2003

Oddest thing, nate is right about 2.9.17 for a different reason. I use
MRTG on several dozen routers and switches, and when I switched from
2.9.17 to something above 2.9.20, load average on the monitoring server
shot through the roof. I lacked the expertise to figure out what changed
in rateup so I never successfully chased it down. ^^;; nate is missing
out on lots of template goodness, but he can monitor many more hosts.

Never seen the 4.4 billion (a.k.a. 2^32 ?) problem myself...

On the other hand I do like to run the latest, and I do like to keep in
shape by constantly upgrading. That way when an update comes along that
I need, I can take it in stride.

-james