[mrtg] Re: MRTG Thresholds

Michael Crousaz - HERKIMER SàRL mcrousaz at herkimer.net
Fri May 9 18:21:16 MEST 2003

Hello Alex

The thresholding script wait over 1 hour before sending an other error
message.

It works like that :

When MRTG detect an threshold error, it send an alert to the mailing script.
Then the scrit send the message and create an file called
$target_value.timeflag (ex : ethernet.timeflag) who contain the hour when
the 1st error message was sent. (ex : if the mesage was sent at 5:15, the
stored value will be 5)

When MRTG re-detect  Threshold error, the script will look up for
$target_value.timeflag, and  if the actual hour is the same than the stored
hour, it won't send the error message. Else, if the actual hour is different
from the stored hour, it will send your error message.

All you need to do is just to clear the stored value
($target_value.timeflag)  or to suppress the part of the script code where
the it is checking the stored value.

I hope it can help you !

C U
Michael