[mrtg] MRTG code for continuous BW measurement

Arijit Mahapatra ArijitM at catsglobal.co.in
Mon May 12 11:29:29 MEST 2003

Hi all,
I am new to this MRTG world. I want to know how I can use this code for
continuous measurement of band-width utilized (wrt some threshold value) on
a given link for statistical analysis plotting it on a graph like this

                     100 %

           BW utilized |                |====
                 (%)   |==|   ==========
                       |  ===|

                       0-----------------------> time

           I am not very familiar with MRTG code base. It would be very nice
if you kindly explain (in brief ) how the code works(wrt BW measurement )
e.g. which scripts fetch data from the monitored node & which scripts
display them in web page etc. Basically a list of APIs that can be used will
be very helpful to me. Or better how can my requirement be fulfilled using
MRTG/any other tool ?

Would highly appreciate your time & help . Also would request you to direct
me to any relevant site, mailing-list etc .

Regards,
Arijit