[mrtg] Re: cfgmaker --ifdesc=alias option doesnt work

Cristian Piatnitchi cristip at rogers.com
Sun May 18 06:23:12 MEST 2003

Hi all

I faced the same problem and I gave up. I supose you are trying to use
the "description" that you put manualy. You won't be able to do this. The
"derscriptions"
in MRTG/rrdtools cfg file is that one that you can get if you inspect the
OID under mgmnt....
(1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.2)
The "description that you put it manually is that one under
...private.cisco...
(1.3.6.1.4.1.9.2.2.1.1.28).

I intended to set up a flexible .cfg file trying to use "--ifdesc=Uplink".
All you have to do when
you have this kind of setup is to put the description on the right
interface.

Cristian