[mrtg] Re: options help

Pete Templin pete.templin at texlink.com
Wed May 21 21:14:14 MEST 2003

According to the documentation, "In the absence of 'gauge' or 'absolute' options, MRTG treats variables as a [sic] counters and calculates the difference between the current and the previous value and divides that by the elapsed time between the last two readings to get the value to be plotted."  Therefore, the gauge option WILL cause MRTG to divide by the elapsed time, which is not what I want.

Or am I simply mistaken?

Pete Templin
IP Network Engineer
Tex-Link Communications