[mrtg] Re: Community String Issue & broken search

Brander, Eric Eric.Brander at ACS-INC.com
Thu May 22 15:20:35 MEST 2003

>	MRTG is having a problem with my community string. The string starts
>with #!. Other than changing the string, how can I get MRTG to accept this
>string?

You have to "escape" the offending characters.  In Perl I can't remember how
to do that.. which brings up another point...  I did a search on this topic
and found this:
http://www.google.com/search?as_epq=mrtg@list.ee.ethz.ch&as_q=escape+communi
ty+string&as_sitesearch=www.ee.ethz.ch

But, when I click on the link, it sends me to the wrong message. Who needs
to know that this is broken and has been for months?

Eric Brander
ACS
Texas CHIP Account
Sr. Communications Engineer - Information Systems Department
512.336.3331
Eric dot Brander at acs-inc dot com