[mrtg] Exploring MRTG

Narayan Narvekar narayan_mrtg at hotmail.com
Thu May 29 15:26:28 MEST 2003

Hi Everyone
 We would like to introduce MRTG in our graduate Datacomm course  for  business school students. We want to make this introduction as interesting and relevant as possible and are therefore trying to create a hands-on computer lab exercise that would take an hour or two. We were wondering if members on this list could help us with ideas on what we could cover in such a lab exercise. We are ourseleves new to the software and any help would be appreciated.

#1. What are the interesting features of MRTG that could be highlighted in a  lab environment. What do you use MRTG for in your organization?

#2 Where can we find good  online resources regarding MRTG.

#3. Any suggestions on other  opensource software that could be  useful for our students?  We did introduce them to Ethereal.

Thanks

Narayan