[mrtg] Re: What is the IP of generating hosts?

Peter P. Benac ppbenac at emacolet.com
Tue Nov 4 16:14:53 MET 2003

Jim,

    You have several options.

    You could just change the description in the config file, but that
doesn't help anyone actually looking at the config on the switch.

    Personally I would set the port name on the switch and rebuild the
config file.  If you search the archives you will find several good ways of
dealing with this.  This is the best option because it allows anyone on the
switch to know what the port is used for as well as those looking at the
graphs.

    I'll be happy to assist you offline with this, but this is what I do for
a living and all the answers are in the archive.  Contrary to popular belief
there are consultants out here that do believe in "free" should be done
first.

Regards,
Pete
----
Peter P. Benac, CCNA
Emacolet Networking Services, Inc
Providing Systems and Network Consulting, Training, Web Hosting Services
Phone: 919-847-1740 or 866-701-2345
Web: http://www.emacolet.com
Need quick reliable Systems or Network Management advice visit
http://www.nmsusers.org

To have principles...
             First have courage.. With principles comes integrity!!!