[mrtg] Re: room temp

Daniel J McDonald dan.mcdonald at austinenergy.com
Thu Nov 6 19:38:56 MET 2003

On Wed, 2003-11-05 at 01:52, mrtg user wrote:
> hello all,
> thanks for all the support, one more thing is that can i monitor the
> temperature and humidity of my NOC room,if yes then send me the
> configuration.

I monitor the temperature and humidity in about 40 sites around the
city.  I use uptimedevices probes - I've got both the SP2+ and the SH2+
models.  A template I have used in the recent past is posted at:
http://www.austinnetworkdesign.com/mrtg/probe.template

I've been having all sorts of fun with templates and mysql lately.  I've
written tools to generate my mrtg config from a database table - that's
the only way I can keep up with the hundreds of devices I have to
monitor.  I also generate big brother configs automatically, and even
bbmap .map files!
--
Daniel J McDonald, CCIE 2495, CNX
Austin Energy