[mrtg] MRTG and Net-SNMP

Ben Chabot bchabot at amninc.net
Wed Nov 12 20:07:14 MET 2003

Hello,

I've read several examples of using these two tools together, but I
can't seem to understand how they work together.  Or what you have to do
to make them work together.  It looks like together they could monitor
everything you could ever want to monitor.  Does anyone know of a good
how-to or tutorial on how to set them up together?

If there isn't one, could someone give me a brief overview?  It looks
like net-snmp can get some extra information, and mrtg can graph it, but
I'm not sure how to set that up.

Thanks a lot,
ben