[mrtg] MRTG Data Loss

Matthews,Rebecca * (RMATTHEW) RMATTHEW at arinc.com
Thu Nov 13 16:01:39 MET 2003

Hello All,
I need help...please be patient with me I an new at administering MRTG.  I
am running version 2.9.18pre10. Yesterday, I experienced severe data loss in
MRTG.  What's interesting is there is no consistency across the devices.
Some devices lost data, some didn't, some only lost data on specific
interfaces, and it looks like it all occurred at different times.  I have
looked at the errors, warnings, etc. but I haven't seen anything unusual.
The problem is nothing has been stable since yesterday...MRTG is running,
but the minute I think its working normal again I start getting rateup
messages that look like its "rediscovering" the devices again.  I don't even
know where to start to look for the problem.  Any suggestions?

Thanks!