[mrtg] Graphing server cpu utilization

Jason Humes jhumes at acs.on.ca
Wed Oct 1 14:09:28 MEST 2003

Hello
Currently I'm graphing some stats from a couple of my servers and one of
them is CPU utilization...although, the graphs I have for this log two
separate CPU counters, PrivCPU, and UserCPU...would the total of these two
equal the total CPU utilization?  Is there anyway to get this total to
graph...maybe using a different OID, or is there some way to take the
results from both OIDs and then add them and graph that value to get the
total CPU usage.  Thanks
Jason D. Humes

Applied Computer Solutions Inc.
3020 St. Etienne Blvd.
Windsor, Ontario
Phone: (519) 944-4300 x211
Fax    : (519) 944-4247
Email : jhumes at acs.on.ca <mailto:jhumes at acs.on.ca>

Confidentiality Notice:

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments may be legally
privileged and confidential. If you are not an intended recipient, you are
e-mail and any attachments is strictly prohibited. If you received this
e-mail in error, please notify the sender and permanently delete the e-mail
and any attachments immediately. You should not retain, copy or use this
e-mail or any attachment for any purpose, nor disclose all or any part of
the contents to any other person.

Thank you.