[mrtg] Graphing negative values alongside positive values

Simon Westlake simon.westlake at bizwi.rr.com
Thu Oct 2 15:55:47 MEST 2003

I've searched the list and newsgroups, and it looks like there's currently no way to do this.. please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm trying to graph power levels for cable modems - one power level is always a positive value, one can be a negative value. Right now, if the second value dips into the negative, it is no longer graphed and is discarded as bad data.

It looks like in the past there was no workaround for this. Is there one now?

The common response seems to be 'use RRDTool.' I am using RRDTool as a backend to MRTG, but I don't have the time/knowledge to write a new frontend to graph data from RRDTool. I'm using mrtg-rrd.cgi to generate the graphs.

Thanks for any help you can provide.