[mrtg] Re: What is that phrase?

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Fri Oct 3 21:41:40 MEST 2003

On Fri, Oct 03, 2003 at 03:31:19PM -0400, PAUL WILLIAMSON wrote:
> Does anyone know who was credited with the following thought?
>
> "Monitoring the data ultimately affects the outcome of said data."

I do not want to take credit for this but I'm sure I mentioned it
once or twice.

It is simple:  by sending snmp queries and responses through a
router you *MAY* be generating traffic on the interface that you
are monitoring.  This is especially important when you are polling
the device often (to overcome the 32-bit counter problem).

HTH
Alex
--
http://www.googlism.com/index.htm?ism=alex+van+den+bogaerdt&type=1