[mrtg] Weekly averages for a particular time-period

Joubin Moshrefzadeh joubin2000 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 15 18:05:33 MEST 2003

Hi all,

I've recently tried mrtg on a Redhat 9 machine and am quite happy with the stats its showing for our local network (So a big thanks to Tobias for his work! .. and sharing it with the rest of us ;)

after seeing it do its thing for about a week now, I've noticed how as the 5-minute averages get pushed into 1/2 hour ones, and those to 2-hour ones, the actual magnitude of the network traffic decreases drastically... which is fine since the long-term graphs give a good indication of "trends".

However, I'm wondering if there is some way of forcing the program to calculate 5 minute averages for the same time-slice every day (say 9AM to 11 AM) and then after a week amalgamate the data to give 5-minute averages for that time-slice for that week... and so on...

Has anyone tried this? are there any ideas how to go about doing this?

Much thanks in advance,
Joubin