[mrtg] Re: SNMP - No Response Received

Mike Mitchell Mike.Mitchell at sas.com
Fri Oct 17 16:18:42 MEST 2003

You should be able to put
	SnmpOptions:  avoid_negative_request_ids => 1
in your MRTG configuration.  In version MRTG 2.10.5 this is the default setting, judging by the code for cfgcheck() in the file MRTG_lib.pm.  I think that change happened in MRTG 2.9.27.  The "SnmpOptions:" configuration option was added to MRTG 2.9.11.

Support for "avoid_negative_request_ids" was added to SNMP_Session.pm version 0.93, so check the version that came with your copy of MRTG.  MRTG 2.10.2 and newer contain SNMP_Session.pm version 0.98, the current version of SNMP_Session.pm.  You can always pick up the latest version of SNMP_Session.pm, BER.pm, and SNMP_util.pm from http://www.switch.ch/misc/leinen/snmp/perl/  Just put all three in the appropriate MRTG directory.  That way you won't have to upgrade MRTG if you don't want to.

Mike Mitchell