[mrtg] Re: TheshDir question

Woodcock, Bradford Bradford.Woodcock at Level3.com
Fri Oct 17 21:17:49 MEST 2003

Hi Lance,

I know what you are talking about because I used to use that
functionality. However, I do not remember how far back it was.

One thing you might try, put a small cron script to run every 5 minutes
which deletes everything in ThreshDir. The only problem with this is
that no Clear condition can occur because you removed mrtg's
understanding about the alarm. However if you are looking for basic
counts of rising thresholds this may work for you in a pinch as you can
easily log the hits.

Cheers,
Woody...

http://www.inframon.org - infraMon: Network Infrastructure Monitor
http://www.micro-mess.com/forum/ - infraMon Questions/Discussions

-----Original Message-----
From: mrtg-bounce at list.ee.ethz.ch [mailto:mrtg-bounce at list.ee.ethz.ch]
On Behalf Of Helmke, Lance
Sent: Friday, October 17, 2003 1:21 PM
To: 'mrtg at list.ee.ethz.ch'
Subject: [mrtg] TheshDir question

My problem is that we are trying count the number of violations in a set
amount of polls.  (for instance greater than 50 for 5 polls)  The
problem is
when the ThreshDir variable is set; it will only call the violation
script
once until it is rearmed.  If the ThreshDir variable is not set it will
never re-arm.  On previous versions of MRTG it worked without having the
ThreshDir variable set (we used to see the rearm events).  We are using
2.9.29 currently; does anyone know when this functionality was last
modified
so we can go back to that older version?  I looked on the CHANGES page
and
saw that 2.9.26/21/20 all had fixes pertaining to thresholds.

Thanks in a advance for any help

Lance