[mrtg] Collect traffic figures from 802.1Q sub-interfaces

K. H. Cheung cckwokho at ust.hk
Wed Oct 22 05:36:46 MEST 2003

Dear all,
    I would like to seek for advice on collecting traffic statistics over a 802.1q sub-interfaces.

    Our campus has a Cisco 7206vxr router (IOS version 12.2(16)B1).  We have created a
number of 802.1q sub-interfaces and would like to use MRTG to collect the traffic statistics.
We tried but found that the traffic figures for in direction were too high (over 100M for a 45Mb
link).  The traffic figures for out direction looked normal however.

    Does anyone encounter similar problem before or know the solution?

    Thanks in advance!

Regards,
  K.H. Cheung
  Information Technology Services Center
  Hong Kong University of Science & Technology