[mrtg] mrtg missing values...

Giannis Stoilis giannis at stoilis.gr
Wed Oct 22 09:56:59 MEST 2003

Hello,
I am using mrtg 2.10.5 on a Suse 8.2 to graph traffic from a Cisco 2621
Router, with IOS (tm) C2600 Software (C2600-IO3-M), Version 12.1(20),
RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)

The problem I have, is that mrtg "misses" values concerning input
traffic, but instead, it graphs normally outgoing traffic. Please see
the following picture for a visualisation of the problem:
http://www.thpa.gr/stoilis/mrtg.png

Notice how the green graph is flat at some points, at which the blue
graph is normal.

Actually, when mrtg runs, it really DOES report that it received no
answer from the router, for the specified values. It just seems odd that
my router normally sends values for outgoing traffic, and just misses
some values for ingoing traffic.

Where do you thing the problem is? Router? mrtg? connectivity? Linux?
What should I do?

Thank you in advance.

- Giannis Stoilis