[mrtg] Re: Can MRTG read another log-file?

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Sun Oct 26 14:17:30 MET 2003

On Sun, Oct 26, 2003 at 11:09:24AM +0100, Sverre Munthe wrote:
> I have made a KIX script that uses two external utilities to check the
> round trip time for e-mail.
>
> First it sends the mail, then it waits for it to run and finaly it puts
> the result in a log file.
>
> I do this with two different mail server and have two different
> log-files, but can easily make a third log-file in MRTG format.
>
> So the question is: Is it possible to tell MRTG to skip the gathering
> and just make graphs from a log-file?

MRTG doesn't make the graphs.  It tells rateup to do so.  As can you.

It will take some time to figure out what's happening.  If you want
to continue then I suggest you create a wrapper for rateup that logs
its command line parameters.  Let MRTG call this wrapper for a while
and try to mimic its behaviour.

HTH
Alex
--