[mrtg] Mathematical functions

Yogi Yeager Yogi at BearTech.com
Mon Oct 27 16:35:24 MET 2003

I am trying to graph the temperature and humidity of our computer room
using MRTG.  I thought I had everything working just fine, but
occasionally the humidity goes off the scale.  My hunch is that it is
the math formula that I am using to convert Celsius to Fahrenheit.  Our
hardware only reports Celsius but I want to graph Fahrenheit.

In my config I have

Target[apc.temp]:
1.3.6.1.4.1.318.1.1.2.1.1.0&1.3.6.1.4.1.318.1.1.2.1.2.0:?@?.?.?.? * 9 /
5 + 32

My understanding is that the first OID is temp and the second one is
humidity. In using this it seems to report the correct data for a couple
of days, then all of a sudden it appears that the math function starts
applying to both figures which is actually what I would expect in the
first place.  Is there a way to only get the math to apply to the first
OID or some other way to accomplish what I am looking for?

Thanks