[mrtg] Y axis values from 0.0 to 0.0 ?!?!?

Alec Waters alec.waters at dataline.co.uk
Thu Oct 30 12:41:45 MET 2003

Hi all,

I'm having an intermittent problem with MRTG 2.10.5, which I'm using to
draw graphs of wind speed. The values I get back from the wind sensor
are integer centimetres per second - I want to display these on the
graphs as metres per second, so I use Factor[xxx]: 0.01 and
YTicsFactor[xxx]: 0.01.

Mose of the time, this seems to work OK. However, sometimes the graphs
that are built have Y axis values ranging from 0.0 to 0.0 - the net
result is a graph of solid colour, because all values are above 0.0! An
example would be:

http://www.piertopier.net/broken.png

When it happens for the yearly graph, it's not so bad - it's when it
happens for the daily graph that's the problem!

My config looks like this:

Target[nport.speed]: some.oid&another.oid:community at 1.2.3.4:5555
MaxBytes[nport.speed]: 2550
YTicsFactor[nport.speed]: 0.01
Factor[nport.speed]: 0.01
Title[nport.speed]: Wind speed
Options[nport.speed]: nopercent, gauge, withzeroes, noborder,
transparent, nobanner, nolegend
ShortLegend[nport.speed]: m/s
Legend1[nport.speed]: Average Wind speed between samples
Legend2[nport.speed]: Maximum Gust between samples
Legend3[nport.speed]: Maximal 5 Minute Wind speed
Legend4[nport.speed]: Maximal 5 Minute Gust
LegendI[nport.speed]: Speed
LegendO[nport.speed]: Gust
YLegend[nport.speed]: metres/s
XSize[nport.speed]: 300
YSize[nport.speed]: 125
PNGTitle[nport.speed]: Wind Speed

I can post the .log file, if that would help!

Any pointers gratefully received!
thanks a lot,
alec
--