[mrtg] Re: Target addition problems

Fruitman, Corey Corey.Fruitman at allstream.com
Thu Sep 4 19:48:56 MEST 2003

It's possible that one or both of the targets are passing so much traffic that they're rolling the counters over within the polling interval.  You should check your MaxBytes value (in the RRD and the MRTG config) and verify that it's not being exceeded by adding the two targets together.

I'm not sure how RRDTool knows if you're using a 64- or 32-bit counter (to determine the rollover), but if you're not polling using SNMPv2, you probably should be.

Hope that helps,
Corey.