[mrtg] Stopping the "SNMP Error: No response received" messages. - 2

Mustafa Cagatayli mscag at ciu.edu.tr
Tue Sep 9 11:05:32 MEST 2003

Hi,

I agree about the possible reasons for a port not to respond, and the
method the mail messages appears.

But isn't there a method to prevent MRTG not to send an e-mail message for
each port if it is not responding ? There are so many ports that I monitor,
and my mailbox gets full very frequently.

Regards.

At 16:59 08.09.2003 +0200, you wrote:
>Welcome
>
> > I am using MRTG 2.9.17 on mu Redhat 9.0 Linux server successfully for
> > monitoring  the traffic of my Cisco 25xx routers and 100's of Lucent
>switch
> > ports.
> >
> > Is there a way to stop MRTG sending "SNMP Error:  No response received"
> > messages through email to root at localhos.localdomain,  for the ports that
> > are no accessible at the time of control.
>
>Mayby:
>
>1) you provide wrong password? Check up at cisco line: snmp-server community
>   a) check access list.
>   b) RO access is granted ?
>
>2) IOS was crashed? (ex low memory), try restart...
>
>aa.. email's send to you via cron run-proccess..
>
>I greet
>Wiesiek

Mustafa Cagatayli
CC