[mrtg] Re: Tamplate for Serial interfaces only

Tim Sheets TSheets at illinois.net
Wed Sep 10 17:16:20 MEST 2003

Vladimir,

I am not familiar with the templates you describe, but if you are just
looking for standard bandwidth monitoring on serial interfaces only, you
could use a filter as part of your cfgmaker directives, rather than
template.

'--if-filter=($if_type=22)'

Also, if you want Frame-Relay, etc.... You could try:

$if_is_wan
    True for WAN interfaces point to point, Frame Relay and High Speed
Serial (22,32,44,46)

For more options / explanation, check the cfgmaker Manual....I grabbed
this directly from the manual myself.

If you are really tied to the template you describe, you could always
try to modify it and use the filter and template in conjunction with
each other (that's what I currently do).

Good luck,

Tim