[mrtg] Re: mrtg different connections

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Wed Sep 10 22:29:01 MEST 2003

On Wed, Sep 10, 2003 at 04:05:51PM -0400, jsingh wrote:
> How does mrtg decide what type of connection is it looking at. Suppose I
> want it to look at a T1 line on one machine and a T3 line on the other; how
> will it know ?
> If I say MaxBytes[number1]:1250000 is that enough ?

MRTG doesn't know, nor does it care, what type of connection it is
looking at.  In fact, MRTG doesn't care if it is a connection at all.
Numbers, just numbers and nothing more.

Yes, the MaxBytes setting is important.  It will be automatically
set when running cfgmaker provided that the router had the correct
information present.  You may also want to RTFM on "AbsMax".

HTH
Alex
--
http://www.googlism.com/index.htm?ism=alex+van+den+bogaerdt&type=1