[mrtg] Re: MRTG and IPv6 tunnel interfaces

Peter Glanville peter_glanville at cuk.canon.co.uk
Thu Sep 11 11:35:35 MEST 2003

>>> The statistics seem to have a magnitude problem (when
>>> downloading at
>>> over 100kbps we just see about 10kbps in the MRTG reports).
>>
>> Sounds like the standard 32 bit counter wrap problem.
>> Are you using SNMPv2c (:::::2 at the end of the Target line)?
>
>No, we use the following config:
>Target[x.x.x.x_5]: 5:COMMUNITY at x.x.x.x:
>
>Any other idea?

Who needs other ideas? That is your problem. You are not using v2c, so the
counters wrap at 32bits, and that is (if I remember correctly) about
114Mb/s
So any value above 114Mb cannot be measured on a 5 minute interval without
64bit counters.
So long as your router supports it, try that. I found that the :::::2 did
not work, and had to do it by hand, using:
Target[x.x.x.x_5]: ifHCinOctets.5&ifHCoutOctets.5:COMMUNITY at x.x.x.x

Peter