[mrtg] getlog.pl is driving me batty

Scalzott, Todd tscalzott at kastle.com
Thu Sep 11 19:22:27 MEST 2003

I'm trying to use MRTG on Windows 2000 (ActiveState Perl) with getlog.pl and a Performance Monitor logfile.

Whenever I run the getlog.pl command configured in my mrtg.cfg file, all is well.  That is, the command below produces proper results when performed at the command prompt:

    perl getlog.pl d:/perflog/dcexchange.csv "\\dc\MSExchangeMTA\Total Recipients Inbound"

I'll get nice values like:
	0
	40581
	0
	0

But my graphs are all empty.  Looking at the corresponding logfile, I'll see this:

1063300638 0 40581
1063300638 0 0 0 0
1063300338 0 0 0 0

Two missing values on the first line, nothing but 0s for all subsequent.

I can't even manage to clear out the log files.  Stop MRTG, remove *.log and *.old, restart the CSV....rather large log files come back.

Can anyone please assist?

Thank you in advance.