[mrtg] Re: Monitoring non-snmp device(s)

Daniel J McDonald dan.mcdonald at austinenergy.com
Mon Sep 15 19:40:52 MEST 2003

On Fri, 2003-09-12 at 22:06, Vicky Rode wrote:
> Say I want to monitor voltage of a battery or the current status from a
> solar panel which is acting as backup to a device. But neither the
> battery or solar panel is snmp enabled since its not snmp supported.

Uptimedevices and akcpinc both make a modular snmp monitor and sell a
voltage probe as one of the options.

I've thought about deploying the voltage monitors, but my battery banks
are 130vdc and the AKCP derived devices don't go that high.

And yes, 130vdc is pretty bizarre, unless you are in power generation or
transmission.  It's easy to find 48vdc fuse panels, but there is only
one supplier left of 130vdc fuse panels...

--
Daniel J McDonald <dan.mcdonald at austinenergy.com>
Austin Energy