[mrtg] Re: Cisco PIX 515E

Peter P. Benac ppbenac at emacolet.com
Fri Sep 19 21:54:19 MEST 2003

OK  I assume that "community" is correct? Does the community string start
with a non-alphanumeric symbol? This is a known bug with Cisco Equipment.
The first character in the community string has to be [A-Za-z0-9]. Is the IP
correct and is pingable from the MRTG Workstation?

Are there any Frame-Relay links between the work station and the PIX? If
there are increasing the timeout may help.

Do you have a program that can do an snmpwalk to the PIX? If so, does it
work? OR Do you have a sniffer attached to the PIX and if so does it show
the SNMP requests getting to the PIX?

Regards,
Pete
----
Peter P. Benac, CCNA
Emacolet Networking Services, Inc
Providing Systems and Network Consulting, Training, Web Hosting Services
Phone: 919-847-1740 or 866-701-2345
Web: http://www.emacolet.com
Need quick reliable Systems or Network Management advice visit
http://www.nmsusers.org

To have principles...
             First have courage.. With principles comes integrity!!!

[snipped]