[mrtg] ThreshDesc question...

Rich Sena ras at thick.net
Tue Sep 23 12:39:34 MEST 2003

OK I know how to pass a script the $ENV{'THRESH_DESC'} value so that
isn't my question (the archives were bountiful on tht topic).  The problem
I'm trying to address is a need to populate that with the "ifdesc" value.

I made a near feeble attempt like so...

ThreshDesc[_]: $ENV{'MRTG_INT_DESC'}

since I have been able to set environment variables:

SetEnv[mbbigw_1]: MRTG_INT_IP="192.160.51.158" MRTG_INT_DESCR="GigabitEthernet0/1"

But I think you know that this netted me...

Subject: THRESHOLD ALERT: $ENV{'MRTG_INT_DESC'} (atlcgw_5) is above 75%

So down to the question is there a known way to pass the interface
description to the ThreshDesc value - or is there even another way to do
this (beside manually setting the value for each one).

Thanks...

Rich Sena - ras at thick.net
ThickNET Consulting
"On the way to understanding; you understand, and forget."