[mrtg] Re: Graphing ups temp

Greg Dickinson gdickinson at logistasolutions.com
Mon Sep 29 22:09:18 MEST 2003

I am doing exactly what you want :-)

Here's the relevant snippets from my config file:

# Default target settings
MaxBytes[_]: 40
Options[_]: gauge, nopercent, absolute, growright
Unscaled[_]: dwmy
XSize[_]: 380
YSize[_]: 100
YLegend[_]: Degrees Celcius
ShortLegend[_]: Degrees (C)
Legend1[_]: Temperature in the MDF Room
Legend2[_]: Temperature in the MDF Room

# Prepend and append target settings (because I'm lazy) :->

Target[^]:
1.3.6.1.4.1.318.1.1.2.1.1.0&1.3.6.1.4.1.318.1.1.2.1.1.0:<public-string>@10.200.~

Target[$]: .4~
Pagetop[^]: <H1>
PageTop[$]: </H1> <H2>Ambient MDF Room Temperature (degrees
Celcius)</H2>

# Site specific configs

#Arrington Middle
Target[ARRINGTON]: 75
Directory[ARRINGTON]: apc
Title[ARRINGTON]: Arrington Middle
PageTop[ARRINGTON]: Arrington Middle

#Arthur Elementary
#Target[ARTHUR]: 21
#Directory[ARTHUR]: apc
#Title[ARTHUR]: Arthur Elementary
#PageTop[ARTHUR]: Arthur Elementary

That help you any? :-)

--Greg

>>> Jason Humes <jhumes at acs.on.ca> 9/29/2003 2:58:18 PM >>>
Hello again
Sorry, this could have been one post, but I'm interested in graphing my
ups
temperatures and I've gotten mrtg to graph the proper OID and now the
only
problem is that it shows as b/s, I would like this to read degrees, or
the
degree symbol...any idea how I could do this.  Thanks again...this
board is
a great help to all us MRTG users, newbies and experienced alike.
Jason D. Humes

Applied Computer Solutions Inc.
3020 St. Etienne Blvd.
Windsor, Ontario
Phone: (519) 944-4300 x211
Fax    : (519) 944-4247
Email : jhumes at acs.on.ca <mailto:jhumes at acs.on.ca>

Confidentiality Notice:

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments may be
legally
privileged and confidential. If you are not an intended recipient, you
are
hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of
this
e-mail and any attachments is strictly prohibited. If you received
this
e-mail in error, please notify the sender and permanently delete the
e-mail
and any attachments immediately. You should not retain, copy or use
this
e-mail or any attachment for any purpose, nor disclose all or any part
of
the contents to any other person.

Thank you.