[mrtg] MRTG and the Windows EventLog

Tobias Oetiker oetiker at ee.ethz.ch
Tue Sep 30 06:39:58 MEST 2003

Folks,

I just got a contribution from Lars Rune Bjørnevik (lrb at sysit.com).
He submitted an mrtg.dll which will allow to produce sensible error
messages in the Windows EventLog. At the moment, when using mrtg with the
EventLog feature enabled, every entry in the EventLog will have a
part where Windows complains about the lack os such a dll.

You find the dll in

http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/mrtg/pub/contrib/mrtg_dll.zip

Maybe one of you Windows mrtg users will take this as an oportunity
to have a look at mrtgs handling of the EventLog ...

I could for example imagine that mrtg could register the dll
itself, using the TieRegistry module.

To quote Lars:

*********************************
Since this is the first edition, functionality is poor, but so is
the MRTG support for Windows event logging. I'm not a perl
programmer, and if anyone will help expand the event log feature,
please do! As far as I can see, there is no support for warnings
and errors, alothow Perl eventlog function supports it.

cheers
tobi

--
/_  __/_  / /  (_) Oetiker @ ISG.EE, ETZ J97, ETH, CH-8092 Zurich