[mrtg] OT Setting up a Router to Router test WAN

Alan Rader darlists at bakerd.com
Wed Apr 14 19:18:35 MEST 2004

I am trying to setup a test WAN.  I have Cisco routers (2611 & 3640)
both with an internal CSU/DSU.  I want to simulate a T1 connection
between them using serial ports and eigrp.  Can this be done using a
cross connect ethernet cable?  So far I have had no luck and the only
things I am finding on the internet are from years ago before internal
CSU/DSUs.

I have both serial ports setup with IPs and no shut.  I have tried both
a regular patch cable and a cross.  I don't get any links, just the
yellow alarm LED.  I have tried setting a clock rate of 2000000 on one
of the serial interfaces.  I also put encap PPP on one of them with no
luck.  Both interfaces have always show down down on anything I have
tired.

Can anyone help me or if it can't be done that way, let me know what I
need to do something like this?

Thanks